Mar 312013

My mate bought a Spectrum+ off eBay recently and it didn’t work.
All we got on powering up was this

First thing I did was check the voltages. They all seemed fine so on with the next test.
The ULA was the only chip that was socketed so I quickly replaced it with a known good one. Still the same fault.

To save myself some time I thought I would desolder the Z80 CPU in order to use the Fluke 9010. Turns out the CPU was at fault and on fitting a new one we got this (bad picture, I know)

Anyway, I carried out the very simple composite mod and this is pretty much all done. Another Spectrum saved

 Posted by at 8:58 pm

  2 Responses to “Spectrum+ repair log”

  1. And that is why you are the master of retro consoles sir. Next retro day we’re firing it up.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.